Thursday, February 25, 2010



R.I.P. Andrew Koenig (top photo), found dead today in Vancouver. He was an actor (middle photo: his appearance on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine,"Sanctuary") as well as a filmmaker and political activist on behalf of the oppressed. His parents, Judy and Walter Koenig, announced his death (bottom photo), apparently by suicide. Both of them spoke beyond their personal grief to offer counsel to those contemplating suicide, and to their loved ones. There's more information, and their statements, as well as links to Andrew's work on the web at Walter Koenig's website.
Since the Koenig website requests that we not contact them by personal email, I will use this space as my opportunity to offer my profound sympathies to Judy and Walter. My heart to your hearts.

No comments: