Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Non-Progress Report

Since I returned from the Star Trek 40th Anniversary Celebration in Seattle I've been overwhelmed with work, but that's how I hope to eventually pay for the trip. So I haven't had a chance to write about that amazing weekend, or to post anything here--but I will.

Things may lighten up for me towards mid October, though I might sneak a post in before then. Thanks to those of you who have been checking back, and catching up on old posts. I did post a lot in a short time before the 40th anniversary. So keep checking back for new posts--they're coming.

As for news, there doesn't seem to be much. This Jules Verne film festival event in Los Angeles on October 5 sounds pretty neat. I can't get too excited about the remastered TOS episodes, though it does seem from the conventions, etc. that there is still a lot of enthusiasm out there for Star Trek. But what I'm excited about is the second season of the new Dr. Who, which begins on the Sci-Fi channel Friday. I've seen clips from the UK on YouTube so I'm really looking forward to it. The new Doctor looks like he's going to be terrific.

No comments: